Smoking cigarettes can lead to a wide range of serious health issues. Decreased heart health, reduced vision, and increased risk of cancer are just a few of the negative impacts of smoking cigarettes. The good news is that when you quit smoking, your body can begin to heal that day.
Enjoy Immediate Benefits When You Quit Smoking Cigarettes
Whether you choose to use nicotine replacements, join a support group, learn about withdrawal symptoms, or simply quit without aid, there are several life-saving benefits that you can immediately enjoy when you quit smoking cigarettes. These benefits include:
- Sharper Hearing – Prolonged periods of smoking can cause mild hearing loss. The good news is that when you quit, you can enjoy sharper hearing, which can have numerous benefits in your professional and personal life.
- Better Vision – Cigarette smoke causes damage to your eyesight. When you quit, you will reduce this damage, give your eyes a chance to heal, and remove the allergens that lead to poor night vision.
- Improved Oral Health – Smoking causes gum decay, yellowing of the teeth, mouth sensitivity, cancer of the mouth, and a host of other oral health problems. Within a few days of quitting, your smile will become brighter, your gums can begin to heal, and you will improve your oral health.
- Clearer Skin – When you don’t smoke cigarettes your acne can clear up, your skin can become healthier, and you can reduce your risk of premature aging.
- Decreased Heart Risks – Smoking cigarettes is a leading cause for poor heart health, including heart disease and attacks. When you quit smoking, your blood pressure and heart rate will lower, which will subsequently lower your risk for a heart attack.
The above life-saving benefits are just a few of the health advantages that you can enjoy when you quit smoking cigarettes.
Choose the Method That Works
Quitting smoking can be a hard task. Fortunately, there are several methods that can help you begin leading a healthier life. These methods include using nicotine replacements, taking prescribed medication, or quitting “cold turkey.”
You can also try nicotine substitutes, such as patches, nasal sprays, or gums. No matter how you want to quit, the experts at Brookhaven Heart are here to support your journey every step of the way. From helping you cope with smoking urges to recommending support groups and certain medications, our team of trusted experts will help you live a heart-healthy life.
Putting Your Health First with Help from Brookhaven Heart
Are you ready to leave cigarettes behind? Take the step to putting your health first by contacting Brookhaven Heart today. Our team of specialists will help you overcome the challenges associated with quitting. If you are dedicated to quitting smoking, then we are ready to support you on your journey toward a healthier life.
To learn more about the benefits of quitting smoking, or to inquire about medications, withdrawal symptoms, and support groups, please contact us by calling 631-654-3278 or scheduling an appointment with one of our physicians at one of our locations in Patchogue, New Hyde Park or Hicksville, New York.